4.30.2015

Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat | Four Seasons ...

Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, soon to be a Four Seasons Hotel

... as of May 8, 2015. The posh Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat will become part of the family of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in just eight days. Located a dozen miles east of the international airport in Nice, France, the resort is located on a private 17 acre estate facing the Mediterranean Sea.

Four Seasons will bring its own brand of service to Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat. In her article in yesterday's Telegraph, travel writer Claire Wrathall noted "there was historically a certain froideur about the way [the resort] was run" but anticipates the change in management will bring Four Season's style of warmth and friendliness to the guest experience.

The change should parallel my personal experience with the Four Seasons's flagship Parisian property, the George V. During my first stay in 1978, hotel employees indeed exuded a sense of cool indifference, but Four Seasons completely turned that around since acquiring the hotel in 1997. I was the hotel's guest thirty years later in 2008, and the service could not have been warmer or more personal.

Exclusive Preferred Partner amenities will be announced soon. While I cannot post them on a public website, just email me and I will be happy to provide you with my one-page guide to Four Seasons Preferred Partner amenities at each of its properties around the world.

copyright (c) 2015 by David Ourisman LLC. All rights reserved. We provide Virtuoso and other Preferred Partner amenities as an affiliate of Brownell Travel. If you have comments on this column, or questions about booking travel, email me or visit my website.

No comments: